Thursday, June 14, 2007

Google Calendar Surprise

A new surprise today!

I was using google calenadra and trried to add an entry. The event is at $:13 so I put:

"Mom arrives @ 4:13 (AC XXX)

When I created the event , the tThe entry on the calendar becomes:
Mom arrives ACXXX)

So the time and a brackelt got eaten up!. When I tried to correct it manually I saw th etime was adjsuted to $1;3 - 5:13! Google Clandar was so smart! But maybe it got TOO smart and ate the bracklet as well. It didn't behave the way I anted it to and I had to manually correct it. It's good that an application is smart...but iwhen it tries to outsmart you and do something that you don't want, doesn't it quirk you?

When it MS going to make its own Windows Live/MSN//whatever-name-it-becomes Calendar too? But I guess it will have those annoying banner ad on top that makes me throw up so I maybe have to stick with tGoogle Calendar again. But I don't like the idea of having mall my data in Google server so I don't use it much anyway. A goo'-old notebook is just enough for me :)
OP.S. Blogger is EXTREMELY slow on Linux/Firefox 2. That's why you see all the spelling mistakes! There's IS a reason to love the Windows Live Writer...

1 comment:

Joseph said...

hmmm yeah, it's quite annoying/frustating at times... so i just go straight into Create Event and type into each field seperately when entering more *complex* entries, as opposed to trying quick add.

for one, a list of prices gets turned into times if u miss out one $ sign. i use calendar for expenditure records now...